The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office demands the highest standards of honesty, professionalism, and integrity to maintain public trust, respect, and community partnership.
Under supervision, perform active law enforcement duties in the protection of life and property, investigate crimes and apprehend law violators, service of civil process issued by court, and perform a variety of technical law enforcement tasks.
Specialty assignments include Parks Patrol, Transit Patrol, Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement, Investigative Services, Jail and Gang Investigations, Rapid Enforcement Allied Computer Team, Bomb Squad, Dive Team, Marijuana Enforcement Team, Sheriff's Emergency Response Team, Sheriff's Off-Road Enforcement, Search and Rescue, Civil Warrants, Internal Affairs, K-9, Major Crimes, and many more.
- Current P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate from an accredited P.O.S.T. academy or a P.O.S.T. Basic Waiver.
- Employed within the last three years by an accredited P.O.S.T. agency performing duties equivalent to those of a Deputy Sheriff.
- 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- High school graduate or pass a high school equivalency test.
- 60 semester units or 90 quarter units from an accredited college.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- California driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Pass a complete background investigation including fingerprints and a search of local, state, and nation files for a criminal history.
- Pass a psychological evaluation and pass a thorough medical examination based on medical standards for P.O.S.T.
- For a full list of minimum requirements, see the job posting at www.SCCJobs.org.
|Entry Level Salary
||$46.20 Hourly / $96,093.92 Annually
||$56.16 Hourly / $116,816.96 Annually
Examination Process: The examination process may include one or more of the following: application review, application appraisal, preliminary competitive rating, performance test, written test, and/or oral interview examination. The recruitment may require completion of Supplemental Questions in order to evaluate your education, training, and experience relative to the required knowledge and abilities for the position.
Veterans Preference Information: Any veteran who has submitted a copy of their DD214 form and received a discharge of other than dishonorable, from the armed forces showing service in any branch of the United States military will be given preferential credit to five percent (ten percent for those identified as disabled veterans), after attaining a passing examination score for a numerically scored examination, as applicable by Memorandum of Understanding.
Upon appointment to Deputy Sheriff:
- Salaries range from $46.20 - $56.16 Hourly and $96,093 - $116,816.96 Annually.
- Career Incentive Pay of up to 7.5% of salary for qualified employees.
- CalPERS retirement (3% at 50 formula for classic members; 2.7% at 57 for new members).
- Comprehensive benefits including generous vacation time and medical/dental/vision/life packages.
- 457(b) deferred compensation plans up to $18,000 per year.
- Tuition reimbursement for education advancement.
- 12 double time and a half (2.5x) paid Holidays per year.
- Bi-Annual uniform allowance.
- Night shift differential.
- Bi-Lingual pay.
- Some specialty assignments qualify for additional compensation.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Applications must be submitted online at www.SCCjobs.org.
Additional Career Opportunities