Applying, testing, interviewing, and being selected to attend the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office Justice Training Center academy as a Deputy Sheriff Cadet or a Sheriff’s Correctional Deputy Cadet is a long and rigorous journey that can take four to six months to complete.
The links below will send you to the Santa Clara County job portal. You will need to create or sign into an existing NEOGOV online account to apply for a position with the Sheriff's Office. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to self-register for a written and agility test.
- Deputy Sheriff - Lateral
- Deputy Sheriff Cadet - Unclassified
- Sheriff's Correctional Deputy - Lateral
- Sheriff's Correctional Deputy Cadet - Unclassified
Extra Help Positions
The Deputy Sheriff - Extra Help position is open for peace officer retirees or soon-to-be retirees desiring assignment in the Court Security Division.
To apply, follow the instructions for completing an Official Job Application:
- Go to the Official Job Application.
- Sign into your NEOGOV account or create an account.
- Press the Apply button.
- Fill in your information and/or edit as needed.
- Follow the steps to complete the application.
- Review and submit the application.
- Click your name in the top-right corner then "Applications" to see your submitted applications. Click the application you just submitted.
- Press the button to print the application.
- Print the application as a PDF file.
- E-mail the PDF file to the Backgrounds and Recruiting unit.
If you have any questions, e-mail the Backgrounds and Recruiting unit.