The Sheriff’s Office Fiscal Division performs a number of critical back-end services for the citizens of the County of Santa Clara in addition to providing support services directly to the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office. As part of the Administrative Services Bureau, Fiscal is responsible for budget management, cost accounting, and other fiscal services. Our team of highly motivated and professional staff:
- Supports the management team in budgetary plans to ensure the agency is able to secure resources for operations.
- Generates and interprets financial data in order to forecast yearly operational budget planning.
- Closely works with and mentors staff on financial and budgetary matters to help them grow professionally.
- In conjunction with our Enforcement divisions, develops contract rates for all our law enforcement contacts.
- Maintains multiple grant claims and provide accounting period reports for operation staff to use.
- Supports other major activities and reimbursement related to reporting funding for Court Security Realignment, AB109, Cal-ID, Civil, quarterly sales tax returns and the daily jail facility population.
- Provides fiscal support to the Office of the Sheriff’s Incident Commend Center during emergencies.
- The purchasing group processes requisitions submitted by all divisions and ensures orders meet their requirements and County policies.
- Staff process payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable to support the daily activities of the office.
- The inmate services group collects and counts inmate money for deposit and reconciles all inmate accounts, monitors budgetary and financial matters, and purchases items for inmates' needs and programs.
The Fiscal division works together as a team to support each another and the Agency. The team continues to provide vital back-end services in support of our deputies and professional staff who are providing first-line public safety services to the residents of Santa Clara County.