“Police officers take risks and secure the safety of fellow citizens, and they endure such risks and tolerate such inconveniences on behalf of strangers. Consequently, police work is one of the more noble and selfless occupations in society. Making a difference in the quality of life is an opportunity that policing provides-and few other professions can offer.”
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
During these challenging times of dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic both professionally and personally, the Sheriff’s Office would like to remind all staff that the emotional well-being of you and your immediate family members is a top priority. We want to remind everyone that Employee Assistance is encouraged and always available through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Affiliated Psychological Services, and the Sheriff’s Office Peer Support team.
- EAP is currently accepting appointments, but are conducting all their appointments through teleconferencing (video, FaceTime, Zoom, etc.).
- Appointments are available: Monday through Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Sheriff’s Office employees can set up an appointment by calling or emailing the EAP at: (408) 241-7772 or [email protected]
- Affiliated Psychological Services is also conducting telephone and teleconferencing appointments, and there has been no change to the process of setting up an appointment with them.
- The Sheriff’s Office Peer Support team is another safe and confidential resource available to staff.
The Sheriff’s Office HIP Coordinator has temporarily expanded its availability to staff. The HIP Coordinator can be reached on their business line at 408-808-4629 during business and non-business hours.
Affiliated Psychologists Brochure
Employee Assistance Program Brochure